As Este Favor Aesthetic & Hair Transplantation institution, we have prepared a detailed hair transplantation guide for you. If you want to have a hair transplant, we recommend you read this guide. You are wondering what hair transplant is and which is the best hair transplant center, what are the hair transplant prices, what are the hair transplant comments about, what is the best hair transplant technique, and what are the hair transplant centers in Istanbul? You will find the answers to all these questions in this guide.
What is Hair Transplantation?
- Hair transplantation is the removal of hair follicles from areas of the body known as the ‘donor area’. In this process, planting takes place in the region known as the ‘recipient area’.
- A very effective solution is offered for people who have hair loss problems or hair loss in the hair transplantation process. In addition, hair transplantation provides a solution to the problem of baldness experienced by many people.
- In the hair transplantation technique, the hair follicles of the person are taken and these roots are transplanted to the bald or sparse area with special tools. Although hair transplantation is performed with many different methods, it is also known as a treatment method specially prepared for the person.
- With the development of technology, many effective techniques have been developed for hair transplantation today. In addition, thanks to these techniques, it has become much more possible to achieve great results.
How To Do Hair Transplantation? What Steps Are Followed in Hair Transplantation?
More than one method of hair transplantation is known. But all of these methods are based on similar steps. Two main techniques are used to obtain follicles for transplantation: FUE and DHI. The following steps are followed in these planting methods:
Direct Hair Implantation (DHI) Pen Method Hair Transplantation:
- After your scalp has been thoroughly cleaned, the surgeon uses a small needle in this procedure. Thus, the surgeon numbs an area of your head with local anesthesia.
- Hair follicles taken from the area called the donor area are lined up in special pens.
- Then, with the help of a magnifying glass, the specialist will directly place the hair follicles on the skin without opening channels.
- There isn’t a grooving process in this method. Therefore, less bleeding occurs.
In Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE):
- After your scalp has been thoroughly cleaned, the surgeon will numb an area of your head with a local anesthetic using a small needle.
- The hair follicles are cut directly through the small staple incision.
- The surgeon makes small holes with a knife or needle in the area to be transplanted. Gently places the grafts in these opened areas. (During a hair transplant, the surgeon may transplant hundreds or even thousands of grafts.)
- Subsequently, the transplanted grafts will remain covered with gauze or bandages for several days.
Hair transplant sessions may take more than 6 hours. The stitches will be removed approximately 10 days after the surgery. You may also need three or four hair transplant sessions to achieve the look you want. Sessions are administered to you several months apart to allow each transplant to fully heal.
What are the Newest and Best Hair Transplantation Methods Applied?
With the development of technology, the hair transplantation method has emerged in the market. The newest methods have come to the fore as FUE and DHI hair transplantation techniques. FUE hair transplantation method is known as the first and only follicular unit collection and implantation application approved by the FDA. NeoGraft is a process that includes the automation of the FUE technique, which is the most advanced technique in the hair transplant industry. The purpose of this procedure is to perform a painless and highly effective hair transplant. Other hair transplantation methods that give very good results can be listed as follows:
DHI Hair Transplant Method
DHI Hair Transplantation (Direct Hair Implantation) is a more advanced hair transplantation method in which hair follicles are extracted one by one using the first-class extractor from the donor area of the body, before being placed directly on the balding areas. Although DHI hair transplantation takes about 6-8 hours, it may require multiple sessions. How long the process will take depends on the technique used and the number of grafts the patient needs. Most of the time, the sessions of this process take approximately 1-3 hours, together with the removal of the existing hair grafts and opening of the channels. The process is usually completed in a single day and the washing process is done the day after the hair transplant. In general, the whole process of hair transplantation will take 2 days.
Sapphire Fue Hair Transplant Method
Sapphire FUE is a hair transplant method performed by polyclinic specialists using new generation sapphire blades. Unlike the classical FUE method, the Sapphire FUE method is performed by cutting your tissue with a knife made of real sapphire metal instead of a metal slit while opening the micro channels. Thanks to the Sapphire FUE method used in this technique, it is much easier to increase the number of grafts transplanted and achieve a more natural hair appearance. Blades with tips made of sapphire are used to open much finer microchannels. Thus, many more channels can be opened in the scalp. The Sapphire FUE method is extremely advantageous for people who want a natural and fuller hair appearance.
Unshaven Hair Transplant Method
Unshaven Hair Transplantation is a method that prevents cut marks that many people aren’t satisfied with. As the name of this technique suggests, the Unshaven Hair Transplantation method eliminates the necessity of shaving the relevant area to remove and implant the grafts. In addition, the surgeon must be very experienced in an unshaven hair transplant procedure. Because in this process, if the hair is shaved, it is much more difficult to remove the hair follicles from the scalp. In short, in this procedure, hair grafts will be taken from the donor area before being transplanted into the recipient area without the need for shaving. This ensures the best and fastest results in hair transplantation.
Hair Transplant Results – Hair Loss Norwood Types
Hair transplantation is a procedure recommended from the age of 20. However, it is necessary to determine whether the person’s hair loss is suitable for hair transplantation. Correct planning is required for the result of hair transplantation to be natural and intense. For this reason, the results of hair transplantation are important. Now let’s examine all types of hair transplantation.
Although hair transplantation is very effective in the steps where hair loss occurs excessively, it can also be preferred in hair loss requiring less graft transplantation.
Norwood 1: It is known as the stage where hair loss has just started. Hair loss isn’t yet understood by an outsider looking at it. When this situation continues, many Istanbul hair transplantation centers don’t recommend hair transplantation. At Este Favor Hair Transplantation center, we recommend those with this type of hair loss wait for a while and use supportive vitamins.
- Norwood 2: In this stage, the hair starts to shed slightly and visibly. This is also seen in the photos below. In addition, planting can be done in the areas called the temple area in the photo. The result of hair transplantation will be very beautiful in this way.
• Norwood 3: It is also known as the first baldness stage. At this stage, hair loss on the front line of the hair and the head will begin to be slightly evident. As Este favor hair transplant center, if you also have Norwood 3 hair loss type, we recommend having a hair transplant at Istanbul hair transplant centers.
• Norwood 4: It is at this stage that the person’s baldness begins to be completely obvious from the outside. Hair loss begins to increase in the forehead line and the crown areas.
• Norwood 5: At this stage, there is a certain amount of hair between the crown region and the upper part of the forehead. However, the crown region and the front part of the hair are quite bald.
• Norwood 6: The distinction between the top and the front of the hair seems to disappear. A very important part of the hair has been lost.
• Norwood 7: This stage is known as the stage of complete baldness in men. A very small amount of hair will appear on the upper part of the ears and the nape of the person. However, other than that, there will be no hair left in any part of the head.
Who Can Have a Hair Transplant? Are You Suitable For Hair Transplant?
Hair transplantation is known as a suitable treatment for everyone who has reached a certain age. However, in some cases, hair transplantation comes to the fore as a very dangerous thing. You have to follow many steps to understand whether you are suitable for hair transplantation.
- There is a requirement to perform basic blood tests before the hair transplant operation. For those with chronic diseases, a detailed blood test or doctor’s report may be requested. In this way, suitability for hair transplantation can be determined. If the patient has a chronic disease, it should be checked before the operation. In addition, before the operation, it should be questioned whether the patient has a medical history related to anesthesia allergy.
- If the examination and tests show that you are a good candidate for a hair transplant, your dermatologist can tell you what results in you can expect. In this way, you will be able to aim for more realistic results and fuller hair.
People who are ineligible for a transplant are often thought to have some sort of health problem. However, there may be candidates who aren’t suitable for hair transplantation, although they don’t have any health problems.
Who Cannot Have Hair Transplantation?
- If a person who wishes to have a hair transplant has diseases such as diabetes, thyroid, or blood pressure, the hair transplant operation should be performed only after obtaining approval from their doctor after the necessary controls.
- Patients with hypothyroidism may experience hair thinning and hair loss after the process.
- After thyroid hormone treatment, the patient can have hair transplantation. However, hair transplantation is not considered appropriate for patients with chronic diseases such as liver failure, kidney failure, heart failure, or who have undergone chemotherapy due to cancer.
- It is not possible to perform hair transplantation in people who don’t have congenital hair. Because hair transplantation is done by transplanting hair follicles taken from one area of the scalp to another area.
- Hair transplantation isn’t possible for people under the age of 24. Most experts agree that 24 is the “recommended” minimum age for hair transplant surgery. This is because hair loss must continue to run its course, often beyond the 24th birthday. A little patience will be highly effective in providing greatly improved long-term results.
- People with serious health complications are not suitable for hair transplantation. Although hair transplant surgery is a simpler procedure that can yield surprising results, those with chronic health conditions such as heart disease, kidney or liver failure, or diabetes may not be suitable for such surgery. You should consult your doctor or specialist to discuss the risks involved.
- Hair transplantation is not suitable for people who are allergic to anesthesia. Because anesthesia (local or general) will be required to perform hair transplant surgery.
- Hair transplantation cannot be performed on people with blood-borne diseases. Those with blood-borne diseases such as HIV and Hepatitis C are generally not considered candidates for hair transplant surgery.
- Hemophilia patients are also not considered good candidates for hair transplantation. This is because hemophilia is a condition that limits the blood’s ability to clot. For this reason, the patient with hemophilia should first consult their doctor and have a blood coagulation test to understand whether the person is suitable for hair transplant surgery.
How Much Are Hair Transplant Prices?
There is no clear figure about hair transplant prices. Prices vary.
Este Favor Hair transplant center prices; Sapphire FUE Hair Transplantation Prices vary between 8.500 TL and 13.000 TL. However, DHI Hair Transplant prices start from 10,000 TL.
Many criteria such as where the application is made, which hair transplantation method is preferred, how many grafts are required for hair transplantation, and the experience of the person who has the hair transplantation come to the fore. Therefore, it would be best to consult with the preferred clinic.
Frequently Asked Questions After Hair Transplant
Can I wash my hair after hair transplantation?
It is recommended not to wash the hair in the first days after hair transplantation. In particular, the doctor’s instructions should be followed.
How many days should I not smoke after hair transplantation?
Smoking should be avoided in the first 3 days after hair transplantation.
Is it harmful to drink coffee or tea after hair transplantation?
You shouldn’t use coffee, tea, and alcohol for the first 3 days after the procedure. Otherwise, a negative situation may occur.
Can I drive after a hair transplant?
It is recommended that you don’t drive for a while, as the procedures performed during the hair transplant process may have an effect.
Which products should I apply to my hair after hair transplantation?
Your doctor will provide you with detailed information on this subject. It is very important to consider these instructions that will be provided to you for the hair transplant treatment and the procedure to be effective.
Is it possible to do sports after hair transplantation?
After the procedure, you should not do activities that will tire you and cause you to sweat. Otherwise, it is not possible to reach a result that will meet your expectations.
Is it a problem if I cut my hair after hair transplantation?
At least for a while, you shouldn’t do anything to your hair. For more detailed information, you can contact your doctor and get the necessary information.
Will it be a problem if I touch my hair after hair transplantation?
After the procedure, you shouldn’t touch your hair for a while. If you touch it, you can cause an infection.
How long does my hair grow in 6 months after hair transplantation?
Hair strands will start to grow in the 4th month after hair transplantation. Thus, the hair begins to take a certain shape.
When will my hair become evident after hair transplantation?
From the 6th and 7th months, between 45% and 80% of the hair transplanted on the patient’s head grows. Now, in the later period, the person’s hair is visibly noticeable.
When does crusting start after hair transplantation?
After the hair transplantation, the crusting process will end completely in 9 or 10 days. Then the coloration in the treated area also returns to normal.
Do I need to take any medication after hair transplantation?
Your doctor, who made the relevant explanation on this subject, will give you a detailed explanation. Following your doctor’s recommendations is very important for the process.
How many days should I lie on my back after hair transplantation?
After hair transplantation, you should sleep on your back for at least a week. In this way, you can protect the treated area.
How should I comply after hair transplantation?
If you try to sleep with your head and back slightly elevated and still, it will be the right sleeping system for you. Otherwise, the treated area may be damaged.
What is the most common problem that occurs after hair transplantation?
In the first three to four nights, swelling may occur in the transplanted area. If this period is prolonged, you should urgently seek support from your doctor.
Why should I sleep with my head elevated after hair transplantation?
Sleeping in an elevated position will keep the swelling on your scalp and forehead under control and will be effective in accelerating healing. Thus, you will be in a position to have the hair of your dreams.
How to Choose the Best Hair Transplant Center?
Many points should be considered to choosing the best hair transplant center:
- The experience of the person who will do the hair transplant,
- Hygiene of the clinic,
- Technological tools used in the clinic,
- Methods applied in the clinic,
- The level of knowledge of the team in the clinic,
- Reviews of people who had hair transplantation in the clinic, etc.