The number of grafts required for a hair transplant depends on several factors, such as the degree of hair loss, the thickness and quality of the hair, the patient’s age, and the desired density of hair. Typically, hair transplant surgeons use the number of follicular units or hair grafts as a measure to estimate the number of hairs to be transplanted.
On average, a hair transplant may require 1,500 to 3,000 grafts, although some individuals may need more or less. A skilled hair transplant surgeon in Turkey hair clinics can evaluate a patient’s hair loss pattern and recommend the appropriate number of grafts required to achieve the desired results.
Let’s take a look at the details of hair transplantation and hair grafts.
What Is Norwood Hair Loss Scale?
The Norwood Hair Loss Scale, also known as the Hamilton-Norwood Scale, is a visual classification system used to assess male pattern baldness by many hair transplant center in Turkey. The scale consists of seven stages, each representing a different degree of hair loss and offering different hair transplant result in Turkey.
- Stage 1: No significant hair loss or recession of the hairline.
- Stage 2: The hairline begins to recede slightly, forming an “M” shape.
- Stage 3: The hairline continues to recede, forming a deeper “M” shape with a more pronounced bald spot on the crown of the head.
- Stage 4: The hairline continues to recede further and the bald spot on the crown becomes larger.
- Stage 5: The bald spot on the crown continues to expand and may connect to the receding hairline, leaving only a band of hair around the sides and back of the head.
- Stage 6: The band of hair on the sides and back of the head becomes thinner and the bald spot on the crown becomes larger.
- Stage 7: The most advanced stage of hair loss, where only a narrow band of hair remains at the sides and back of the head, and often there is no hair on the crown.
The best hair transplant clinic in Turkey performs suitable hair transplantation in line with these stages.
What Is Graft?
In hair restoration surgery, a graft usually refers to a small piece of skin or tissue containing hair follicles that are harvested from a donor area of the scalp (usually at the back or sides of the head where hair is less likely to fall out) and transplanted to the balding or thinning areas of the scalp. The size and shape of the grafts can vary depending on the technique used and the goals of the procedure provided by Turkey hair clinics.
How Many Grafts Does One Need?
The number of grafts needed for hair restoration surgery depends on several factors:
- The extent of hair loss,
- The patient’s goals,
- The quality and density of the donor’s hair,
- The technique used for the procedure by a hair transplant center in Turkey.
Generally, the more extensive the hair loss, the more grafts will be needed to achieve a satisfactory result.
How Can Hair Loss Be Treated?
Hair loss can be treated using various methods, depending on the underlying cause and the extent of hair loss. Here are some common treatment options offered by the best hair transplant clinics in Turkey:
- Medications: There are two FDA-approved medications for the treatment of hair loss – Minoxidil and Finasteride. Minoxidil is a topical solution that is applied directly to the scalp, while Finasteride is a prescription medication that is taken orally. These medications can help to slow down or stop hair loss, and in some cases, promote hair growth.
- Hair transplant surgery: Hair transplant surgery involves harvesting healthy hair follicles from a donor area of the scalp and transplanting them to the bald or thinning areas. This can be done using various techniques, including Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) or Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) thanks to the best hair clinic in Turkey. In line with this, hair transplant cost in Turkey may also vary.
Who Is Suitable for Hair Transplant?
Hair transplant surgery is generally suitable for individuals who have experienced permanent hair loss or thinning and have sufficient healthy donor hair available for transplantation. The following factors can help determine if someone can be seen as a suitable candidate for hair transplant surgery by a leading hair transplant center in Turkey or not.
- Age: Hair transplant surgery is not recommended for individuals under the age of 25 because their hair loss pattern may not have stabilized yet.
- Extent of hair loss: Hair transplant surgery may not be suitable for individuals with extensive hair loss, as there may not be enough healthy donor hair available for transplantation.
- Donor hair quality: The quality and density of the donor’s hair are important factors in determining the success of hair transplant surgery by Turkey hair clinics. Individuals with healthy, dense donor hair are more likely to achieve good results. Of course, the hair transplant price may vary accordingly in the best hair transplant hospital in Turkey.